Private Group Training
Create your own, private group an train with 3-6 friends or family members
Slim Force is excited to be able to offer private small group training. This type of personal training is designed for small groups of between 3 and 6 participants to be able to train together in a private backyard, home or workplace.
We work with private groups to help them achieve both team and individual goals both during and between formal training sessions.
What to Expect – Your First Session
- Meet and Greet: We want to get to know you all a bit better – your goals, your preferences, your exercise history and anything else you need us to know to help you get the most of your journey with us at Slim Force. Ideally all those who intend to train with your group should attend this first session.
- Goal Setting: It’s important when you embark on any journey that you define some specific, realistic and measurable goals to work toward. We will work with you to set some goals in place right from the very beginning (short and longer term) so we are all on the same page about what we’re working toward. You likely won’t all have exactly the same goals but we will set some team goals and some individual ones to be working toward both in and between sessions.
- Basic Fitness Testing: This isn’t designed to be a scary process but we totally understand it can be if you haven’t done much exercise for a long time. It really is just a way to figure out where we are starting from and measure how far you have all come throughout the journey. Your trainer will modify things as required to ensure everyone is working at a level that is appropriate for them and any injuries they may be carrying.
- Weight and Measurements: Again, this is just another way for us to gauge progress throughout the personal training journey. We use a wide range of indicators to see how you are travelling and we don’t advocate a focus on the number on the scales so this part of the assessment is absolutely optional. Just let your trainer know if you’d prefer not to be weighed and measured and we will leave the scales at home.
- Scheduling of Upcoming Appointments: For most clients and groups we try to set permanent times for your training sessions each week but if you work irregular hours, we can often be flexible and adjust times each week according to your other commitments.
What to Expect – Ongoing Sessions
Exactly what your group training sessions will consist of depends largely on the team and individual goals established in our initial session together. All Slim Force group mobile personal training sessions are personalised for your unique group, taking into account current fitness levels and any limitations. Speaking generally, sessions will often feature a combination of some of the following types of training:
- Cardiovascular Training
- Strength Training
- Interval Training
- Core Training
- Flexibility Training
- Team Building
We always endeavour to put as much of what you do enjoy into your sessions and minimise the exercises you don’t enjoy or feel uncomfortable doing. We most definitely want being more active to be an enjoyable part of your life and while we take our work seriously, we’re always up for making working with us fun!
Who is it for?
- Groups of friends or family members who would like to share the cost of personal training by training in a group
- People who prefer the idea of training in groups but don’t want to have to attend a gym to make it happen
- Corporate groups looking to train before work, after work or during lunch breaks
- Do we all need to be plus sized?
Not strictly. If you like our philosophies and would like to work with us, we’re down with that so feel free to register! It’s most important that you all feel comfortable exercising together.
Plus size training is what we specialise in so much of the website is written with plus size beginners in mind. We can assist people with a variety of fitness goals, however, even if they don’t identify as plus size.
- Does it always have to be at the same place?
If you’re a group of friends or family members living at different locations, we can certainly look to mix things up provided the different locations are within the area that your trainer is happy to travel.
If you’re a bit unsure, feel free to contact us via the contact page and let us know what locations you’re looking at and we’ll see what we can do.
- Does it always have to be the same number of people attending?
Not necessarily. The price remains the same for anywhere from 3 to 6 participants. If you have less than 3 attending and you provide sufficient notice of this, the 2 on 1 or 1 on 1 pricing will apply.
We just ask that you advise your trainer of the number of people expected to attend the session so that they are best able to plan your session.