Plus size and personalised – all in the privacy of your own home
Slim Force’s mobile personal training service in Melbourne offers a number of great plus size friendly training options for people in a private, comfortable setting.
We offer one-on-one personal training, two-on-one personal training and private small group training.
All these options can be completed in the privacy of your own home – no need to step into a busy gym, feeling intimidated and out of place.
Your Mobile Personal Training Solutions
Our Core Beliefs
- Fat shaming, any body shaming for that matter, is never okay.
- Your weight does not determine your fitness. Not by a long shot.
- Big bodies can do lots of things – regardless of where you are starting.
- You deserve to be happy and feel good about yourself NOW, regardless of your current size.
- Your current situation only determines where you are starting from, and not how far you can go.
Benefits of Training with Slim Force
- We have strong preference for the non dieting approach. We’re about you finding a way of eating that works for you and makes you feel satisfied and energised.
- We focus on health and wellbeing improvements rather than focusing on an arbitrary, largely unhelpful number on the scales. There is so much more to your journey than that.
- We start wherever you are and work with you to make the changes that you want to make rather than what some chart tells you SHOULD be making.
- Do I have to be plus sized?
Not strictly. If you like our philosophies and would like to work with us, we’re down with that so feel free to register!
Plus size training is what we specialise in so much of the website is written with plus size beginners in mind. We can assist people with a variety of fitness goals, however, even if they don’t identify as plus size.
- How much space do I need to train at home?
Not that much, to be honest. As long as there is some room for you to move your arms and legs around, we can make it happen. We have clients who train in their lounge rooms, their garages, their driveways, their decks, their backyards – there are so many possibilities.
If you are worried about whether the space you’d like to train is sufficient, feel free to send a photo through via the contact page. However, we really haven’t encountered a space we haven’t been able to work with since we started in 2010.
- Can you come to my workplace?
Absolutely! Provided your workplace is happy for us to come along and it’s located within our service area, we can definitely look to train you before work, after work or on your lunch break.
- What if I have an injury?
As personal trainers, we see injuries all the time. They might be issues they have been causing you grief for years or they might be more recent and acute. In almost all cases, there are ways we can work around any injuries you have. We’re happy to work in with any other healthcare professionals (ie physiotherapists, chiropractors, doctors, osteopaths etc) to ensure we’re all on the same page.
- What equipment do I need?
You don’t need anything at all. We come along with all the equipment we need in the back of our cars. Having said that, if you’ve already got some of your own equipment, we can absolutely use it and work it into your sessions.
As your fitness improves, you might decide to get some pieces to have at home. Your trainer will be able to assist you in finding the right equipment for you to keep you progressing toward your personal fitness goals.
- Do I need to be fit to start?
Not at all. We’ll meet you wherever you are, even if that is really at a very baseline level. After all, that’s why you’re working with us, isn’t it? You need some help in building your fitness. We can get you started from wherever you are and work with you in achieving your fitness goals.
- Should I try to lose weight before I start?
While we do recommend you have a chat to your local GP regarding getting started with any fitness program, there is generally no need to wait until you’re lost some weight before you start exercising.
- What times are sessions available?
This depends very much on the trainer and what spaces they have in their schedules when you enquire with us. If you’re a bit unsure about whether it would work with your schedule, feel free to shoot us an email via the contact page and we’ll be able to give you some more up to date, specific information about the trainer in your area. We can even set up a time to chat with the trainer so you can go through all the options together.
- What if you don't service my area?
If you’re keen to take on some mobile personal training but you’re not living in one of our current service areas, please let us know via our expressions of interest form. It’s quick and easy and will only be used to keep you up to date on services in your local area.
We do hope to expand our service area once again in regions where there is sufficient interest.